High-performing, integrated portal gateway
The Impinj xPortal gateway is a reader system that captures the location, identity and authenticity of RAIN RFID tagged items such as inventory, equipment, files, employee badges or pallets passing through doorways, hallways, or other zonal coverage areas. The xPortal incorporates the industry-leading Impinj Speedway reader and a Dual-Linear Phased Array (DLPA) antenna technology—making the xPortal ideal for monitoring virtual and physical transition points; such as tracking RAIN RFID-tagged assets passing through doorways, entry points into facilities and storage areas and to monitor inventory throughout a supply chain.
Reduce supply chain shrinkage and get constant asset visibility through a RAIN RFID solution that continuously tracks inventory movement. As the xPortal gateway monitors the environment and RAIN RFID tag traffic, it also automatically and dynamically adapts its operating parameters to yield the best, most reliable performance at all times.
The xPortal gateway provides flexible mounting options coupled with Power over Ethernet (PoE) connectivity simplifying RAIN RFID solution deployment. xPortal is designed to install easily into almost any space from a doorway to overhead to sideways without the need for an AC outlet, accommodating your solution regardless of the environment.
Decrease deployment expenses and total cost of ownership with a fully assembled, tuned and tested RAIN RFID reader system. xPortal is designed for easy implementation with exclusive and patented features such as Autopilot technology created to reduce maintenance costs and improve reliability regardless of environment.
- The xPortal reader integrates high-performance Impinj-designed Dual-Linear Phased Array (DLPA) antenna technology with beam switching and polarization attributes that are dynamically managed by the reader.
- The system’s DLPA antenna configuration provides broad coverage of the read zone, as the elements continuously alternate between vertical and horizontal polarizations, delivering full omni-directional power with greater consistency and intensity than circularly polarized antennas.
- Simple deployment via Power over Ethernet (PoE), with enterprise-class management and monitoring.
- Patented Autopilot capability simplifies deployment and delivers highest tag reads per second by automatically optimizing settings for best, most reliable, and efficient performance.
- Multiple mounting options including keyhole slots and clearance holes, VESA compliant mounting patterns, and ability to accommodate gimbal brackets.
Unprecedented Ease of Deployment
Not only is the Speedway xPortal a high-performance RFID solution, it’s also a practical one. With multiple mounting options to meet real world deployment challenges, the Speedway xPortal chassis incorporates keyhole slots and clearance holes, has VESA compliant mounting patterns, and accommodates gimbal brackets to enable a myriad of mounting possibilities. Fully enclosed cable management clips and conduit knockouts also help maintain a tidy appearance.
In short, the Speedway xPortal can flank, pivot, stand-off, or mount overhead—accommodating just about anything your space requires—and look great doing it. The unit’s clean, attractive appearance complements the look of any installation environment.