Speedway® Revolution R420
Superior Performance Made Easy
Speedway R420 readers are high-performance, enterprise-class ﬁxed readers that engage RAIN RFID tags to provide Item Intelligence—information about the identity, location, or authenticity of tagged items. With the largest installed base of ﬁxed readers across a diverse range of applications, high mean time between failure, and a suite of supporting products and tools, Speedway readers are a powerful piece of item visibility solutions.
Quality and Reliability
Whether your solution requires tracking large volumes of items in real time or monitoring high-value assets, the Speedway R420 delivers high performance and reliability you can trust.
Flexible and Extensible
Easily add up to 32 antennas to build a large, contiguous RAIN RFID read zone connected to a single reader with fully tested, low-cost accessories.
Impinj Platform Solutions Drive Smart Business
The Impinj platform is a comprehensive set of hardware and software products on which businesses can develop RAIN solutions. By choosing to develop on this platform, rather than a piecemeal set of products, businesses can deploy a solution, at once or over time, consisting of multiple applications built on one infrastructure.
Industry Leading Performance
- 4 antenna port configuration is expandable to 32 antennas with Speedway Antenna Hub to deliver lower total cost of ownership and greater application flexibility
- Simple deployment via Power over Ethernet (PoE), with enterprise-class management and monitoring
- Patented Autopilot capability simplifies deployment and delivers more than 1,100 tag reads per second by automatically optimizing settings for best, most reliable, and efficient performance
- Autoset: Continuously senses environmental RF noise and interference levels, automatically selecting appropriate reader configuration settings
- Low duty cycle: Reduces RF interference, power consumption, and energy cost by only transmitting when tags are in field
- Dynamic antenna switching: senses where tags are in the field and automatically focuses more time on the antennas with the largest tag populations in view
- The industry’s highest RF sensitivity (-84dBm) provides greater accuracy and longer read ranges
- Field-proven, enterprise-class durability with high mean-time between failure
Add More Functionality to your Impinj Reader
The Speedway Antenna Hub supports up to 32 antennas connected to a single Speedway R420 reader for a robust solution to item monitoring and other antenna-intensive RAIN applications, which deliver enhanced business intelligence and customer experience. The Speedway Antenna Hub makes RAIN monitoring applications, including smart shelves, interactive marketing displays, and document or item tracking, cost-effective and easy to deploy. The GPIO box provides convenient access to Speedway readers’ General Purpose Input/Output ports giving you the ability to add sensors and triggers to your application.